Saturday, September 25, 2010

Life has been CrAZy busy!

Okay, I remember now, I have a blog that I want to keep up for memories sake!  It seems like the summer just flew by and now the leaves are turning colors and its another season....and I haven't blogged a word or posted any captured picture moments.  Huh-what?

Life has been CrAZy busy.  We have had a really fun summer...but also I have gone back to work.  I keep hearing that nursing jobs are getting harder to come by and that new grads are searching for 6+ months before they can get a job; so i decided before I've been out of nursing for too long (its already been 2 years) that I'd better get my foot back in the door. 

I applied for 3 jobs and was offered 2 of them.  I only applied for PRN jobs which means as needed because I really only want to work a few times a month.  I thought it wouldn't be too bad because I could just pick up a shift or 2 at each job, each month so I accepted both of them.  Ummm....i forgot about the orientaton for BOTH jobs.  So because of orientation....I have been working A LOT more than a few days a month....but finally all the training is coming to an end and I will only be working a couple times a week (which is more than I initially planned...but I actually really enjoy my job and Kip is doing an excellent job at being Mr. Mom.  He cleans, does laundry and makes dinner.  Who knew!?)

So heres the deal...I'm gonna post what I can remember from the Summer and forget the rest (cause I aready have...so sad).


So to start the summer out.....My Mckayla turned 8 years old on May 23rd  and on June 2nd she got Baptized!
Don't they look so cute in their little jumpsuits?  Kip was really excited to wear the jumpsuit...he just couldn't wait :)!!!
It was a really special day.  Mckayla was baptized in the morning.  She was baptized with Dylan, another little boy in our ward.  Our families both gave talks (I had the priviledge of speaking on the Holy Ghost) and we had a musical number by all of the children in the congregation.  There was a really special spirit there.  When you ask Mckayla how she felt that day, she says "Awesome". 


The first week of June, Cole graduated from his first year of preschool. 
Cole and his Pre-k class put on a singing program for all the adults and then their teachers (Miss Kim and Miss Mary) presented them with certificates.  Afterwards we all celebrated with cookies from the preschool.....and a GIANT donut given to Cole by Grandma Lawson.  Cole was nice enough to share with everyone :)


Also the first week of June, Kaden had his "train program".  It was fun...the whole kindergarten (morning and afternoon) sang train songs to us and we had a slide show of the year in retrospect.
(Dontcha love the conductor's hat and bandana?)
Afterwards the kids and their siblings were able to play with train sets that were all set up around the gym.

June was a busy month with the end of school celebrations.  Also in June the kids had swimming lessons.....and spring/summer sports were still going on.  Mckayla started soccer again and both boys were in baseball.  Between games and practices we were easily at the baseball diamond or soccer field 4-5X a week. 

Here's a picture of Kade and some of his Phillies team mates. 
The Phillies got 2nd place...it was such a fun season.  He had 4 of his friends on his team and it made it so much fun for the boys (and the mom's who got to visit while the game was going on).  You might note that Kaden is the shortest on his team...but don't let that fool ya, the kid has got talent! (I'm his mom so I can say that :).  More than once I heard from the other team...."everybody back up, this kid can hit 'em"
In fact Kaden did so well in baseball he was asked to be on the All Star team.  Kip became the assistant coach (because he went to every practice....which were 2-3x a week mind you).  Kade was in heaven.   He never wanted the season to end!

(Kaden is on the bottom left)
The regulation rules stated that even the coaches had to wear baseball pants....so yes....you do see Kip in his cute lil white b-ball pants.

Aren't they cute?  Love 'em!

So June came and went....and then came July and Independance day celebrations!

This is a pic of the kids at the Centerville 4th of July parade.
Doesn't Kade look happy?

That night we lit fireworks at our house before Kip had to go to work.
(thats why the kids are all in their PJ's)
Mckayla, Kade and Cole loved the firworks
but......
Easton was a little scared of the loud noises and lights.  He stayed a good 25 feet away.
Famington Festival days were the 2nd week of  July.  Farmington has a bike parade and the kids always like decorating their bikes for the parade.
Mckayla, Cole and Easton participated this year....Kaden was at All-star practice and couldn't go.
Grandma and Grandpa Lawson came to watch the bike parade and afterwards we all got yummy Pace bars. (Of course Kip and Kade made it just in time for the popsicles)

Also in July we went on 2 camping trips which were a lot of fun.
We also made it to the cabin a few weekends this summer which is always a nice get away.
Here are a couple of pics from the cabin.  Above is Easton, Kade, Cole and Mckayla and our 2 cousins Tyson and Aubree. And Below are my 3 sweethearts.


Of course we did a lot of swimming this summer as well.  We got a family pass at the Farmington pool and spent 2-3 days a week there.  Cole is a brave soul and at the young age of 4, now dares to jump of the diving board; And not just the low dive but the high dive too!  He has to keep up with Mckayla and Kaden ya know!


Another thing that is new this summer is that I:  1) Got a personal fishing license, 2) learned to cast a fishing pole and 3) now touch the ooey gooey worms and bait to put them on the fishing pole.  The kids love fishing but....with 4 kids it is inevitable that there will be constant snagging and tangling of fishing line.  We would go fishing for hours and for hours all Kip would be doing is untangling messes.  He would finish with one kid and by the time he finished there would be another one waiting for help with bait, or line trouble.  Needless to say he would start getting a little bit annoyed (to put it nicely).  So.... I decided that I would be useful and learn to fish.
Do I catch any fish?  Ummm....noooo.  Maybe someday though :)  But for now, at least I can help Kip with the kiddos.
I kind of really hate the cold...can you tell by the 2 jackets I have on?

So I really can't remember where these glasses came from....I think it might have been from a kids meal at Wendy's but I have to throw this pic in here for a laugh.  What a cutie huh?
I think that if this pic doesn't make you smile then there just may be someting wrong with you!


Kip and I went kayaking this summer .  We went down the Provo river.  The rapids only go up to class 2 but it was perfect for beginning kayaking.  I would love to do it again!  It was a great date.


Every August we go to the Davis County Fair.  Here is Mckayla holding a tarantula.  Ick...it gives me the creeps just to look at it! Crazy girl!

And of course we couldn't leave the fair without going to the petting zoo!  I missed the photo op but Easton really liked this poor goat's horns.  He was pulling the goat by the horns for quite some time.  I was laughing too hard to think about pulling out the camera and by the time I did...the moment was lost.  Oh well, at least I have the memory in my head :)

Well, It was a busy summer, and I know I've forgotten a lot, but at least I will keep these few memories from this summer.  So now its September and school has started and like I said the leaves are already changing.  Time sure does fly.  Here is a cute pic of Kayla and Kade on their first day of school.  They are getting so big!  First and 3rd grade!  They are getting too big too fast!
I'm always worried when my kids go from Kindergarten (which in my opinion is glorified pre-k) and on to first grade.  They are gone from home for 7-8 hours and I worry about that; but it seems that there really is no need to worry.  Kaden loves school and he doesn't mind a bit going for the extra time.  (So I have a really cute pic of Cole on his first day of pre-k but its still on Kip's phone...so I'll have to post that when Kip uploads it).


Cole's preschool started 1 week after Mckayla and Kade's school started.  To pass the time, one day we went to the Kangaroo gym with our cousins Haylie, Daxton and Cohen..  Easton was a little scared of the big bouncy toys for awhile, but once he got used to them, they had a lot of fun.
Easton and Daxton (these 2 are only 2 weeks apart...they are gonna be good buds)
And here is Easton, Cole and Haylie (Cole and Haylie are only 10 wks apart)

Well that is a very short rendition of the past few months.  Hopefully, I can blog the present as it comes now and not a whole lot of the past in the present time.  Hope everyone is doing well!


No comments:

Post a Comment