I can't tell you all how many Oatmeal cookie recipes I have tried, but I finally found "The One". Kip and I love chewy oatmeal raisin cookies and this recipe takes the cake, so I thought I would post it..
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup quick oats (not instant)
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed (I've used light too, and they are still yummy)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
2 Tbs honey (secret ingredient :)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups raisins
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Combine flour, soda, salt, oats. Stir together, set aside.
In large bowl, blend sugars with mixer at medium speed
Add Butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scrape down sides of bowl, then add honey, vanilla and eggs.
Mix a medium speed till lite and fluffy
Add flour mixture, raisins and nuts, blend at low speed just until combined. Do NOT overmix.
Drop by TBS onto ungreased cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart
Bake 22-24 min or until light golden brown
Transfer to cool flat surface with spatula.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment